MTH 234 Sections 007-017, 061
The majority of the course information can be found on
- Class Page: http://mth234.com
- a daily schedule
- links to videos and video class notes
- office hours and locations
- contact information for instructor and TAs
- Course Site: http://math.msu.edu/classes/mth_234/
- exam rooms, locations, and times
However, there is some information specic to our sections listed below.
In addition, to the normal supplies in this section, you will need access to a printer to print out the course notes (that go along with the videos and in class). To verify that you have watched the videos you will fill out a google form quiz containing a similar problem or two to what was seen in the video and submit at before the beginning of class for quiz points. It is important to bring previous sections and notes to class as well as we may jump around a bit as time permits.
Explanation of Class Time
In our sections, I plan on taking advantage of my newly created videos (from last year) to help introduce us to each topic at a basic level. During class, we will go over confusing concepts and delve deeper into each section’s material. Because of your extra efforts, we will be able to spend more time practicing how to use the denitions and theorems to solve problems and relating course content. I expect everyone to come to class having watched the videos and ready to participate. For a portion of the class, students will be expected to work on problems and communicate with each other as I circulate to answer questions.
The quiz points for our section will be earned primarily by taking in-class quizzes in recitation most Thursdays. In addition, you will earn quiz points by correctly completing the google form quiz and submitting it before the beginning of most lectures.
- To access the forms you must sign in to your MSU google account first (so that way we know who to give the points!)
- These google forms will be open the day of class and the day prior.
- The form may allow you to make submissions late but these will not be counted towards your course grade.
There will be a total of 12 quizzes and each quiz will be out of a total of 10 points. Our course schedule can be found at http://mth234.com